Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best of 2010

First things first, I apologize for the lack of posts lately.  I've recently started a new job, which has caused my crafting and writing time to seemingly disappear.  Sad, I know.  That's what the weekends are for, right?  So, no worries... I'll be making more of an effort to keep up with the blog and get some more items posted for sale in my Etsy shop soon.

For now, let's reflect on some of my favorite projects from 2010...

The entryway design for my apartment.  It was a boring, blank canvas when I moved in and the space was limited, but, all in all, I managed to liven it up on a serious budget.  And what could be better than being greeted by The Beatles, Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson every time I step through the door?



The 80's-style dining room set gets a makeover.  This was a special project for me because it marked my first step into the world of furniture rehab & redesign.  It was a lot more work than I bargained for but well worth the time and effort.




Turning toilet paper rolls into decor.  I'll admit, living in Ithaca for four years turned me into a semi-hippie who loves all things eco-friendly.  When I started crafting, it was important for me incorporate products that could be upcycled into my projects.  To say the least, I was thrilled when the starburst mirror I created from toilet paper rolls was a huge hit with my readers.


The bedroom dresser before-and-after.  After completing the dining room table re-do, I couldn't wait to get my hands on more old furniture.  I love the sense of accomplishment I get from transforming something undesirable into something awesome/beautiful/cool.  My mom has been a great supporter of my hobby and was kind enough to trust me with refinishing an old dresser she had. (Thankfully, she was thrilled with the results.)



The end-of-year launch of my Etsy shop.  I was lucky enough to set up my shop right before the holiday season, which lead to quite a few sales (both online and off).  There's nothing more satisfying than knowing other people enjoy your work and believe in what you do.  To all my customers, thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!