Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let the bedroom makeover begin!

I have a confession to make.  My bedroom is a disaster.  I may act like a tidy crafter who has her apartment in order, but take one step into my sleeping lair and you'll see a different side of things. 

When I moved into the new apartment five months ago (wowza! my, oh my, how time has flown), I focused on getting the communal spaces in order.  Paul and I like to have friends over and it was important to me to get everything in tip-top shape in a hurry.  The bedroom, however, has remained a mishmosh of unfinished furniture (remember that dresser I still haven't quite finished?) with a lack of design integrity.  And to be honest, I want nothing more than a comforting, relaxing space to rest my head at night. 

In order to jump start the makeover process, I headed to Home Depot, bought supplies and am ready to begin refinishing, not one, but two dressers.  Each will look different (sort of a his-and-hers type of look) but both will blend with the overall look I'm trying to achieve for the room.  Here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on...


Behr Opal Silk paint 
+
Unfinished dresser 

+
a new set of knobs

(will hopefully) 
=
success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!