Monday, October 11, 2010

Another reason bed bugs suck

Picture this... I'm cruising down the streets of Hoboken and out of the corner of my eye I spy a set of dining room chairs chillin' on the curb.  Garbage?  I think not.  These chairs have some serious potential.  Designs ideas start flying through my brain at a mile per minute.  I can't wait to take these chairs home and transform them into something awesome. 

But wait... I can't.  Why, you may ask?  Because they could wreak havoc on my life if they are infested with bed bugs.  Just saying "bed bugs" sends shivers down my spine.  Blegh.  Those insidious little creatures seem to be everywhere these days, especially NYC and surrounding areas. 

The bed bug epidemic is putting a huge damper on those of us who enjoy refinishing furniture and crafting with pre-owned materials.  Cheap finds on Craigslist and curbside digs are becoming a thing of the past because they simply can't be trusted.  When it comes down to it, the thought of being eaten by bed bugs heavily outweighs my desire to bring home a set of free chairs. 

Bed bugs?  Not worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!