Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: Color Me Mine Tribeca

A couple months ago, I invited my friend Liz to get crafty with me at Color Me Mine, a paint-your-own-pottery studio located in Tribeca. We went on Ladies Night, which offers 50% off the studio fee and BYOB (we brought a bottle of wine to split).  Upon arrival, we were greeted by smiling faces who helped us pick our pieces and paint colors. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Liz and I both chose to paint cereal bowls (Liz also painted a carrot magnet, which she fawned over the entire time). We were each allotted six paint colors to begin with and I chose a mix of blues, yellows and greens.  I originally wanted to stamp a cityscape around the outside of the bowl, but the stamp ended up being rather difficult to use. I'm not sure if it was the half bottle of wine I drank or the fact that Easter had just passed, but I ended up painting a bowl that looked like an Easter egg.

When I picked up my "masterpiece" a couple weeks after my original visit, I was relieved to see the colors had darkened quite a bit. I'm still not totally thrilled with my design, but it was a fun experience overall.

Exterior of my bowl
Interior of my bowl 
Liz having fun at Color Me Mine Tribeca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!