Friday, July 8, 2011

5 fashionable "go green" totes

I've been a fan of reusable shopping bags since my hippie days at Ithaca College.  My love for eco-friendly bags was originally sparked during a trip to Austria.  I went into a grocery store where you had to pay for plastic bags at the grocery store (it was actually cheaper to purchase a reusable tote).  Amazing idea, right?  Why don't US grocery stores start implementing that policy? hmmm...

Anyway, I've managed to build up quite a collection of reusable bags over the past few years and I'm amazed by this nationwide trend. Its nice to see that going green has become somewhat of a fashion statement.  Here are five of my top picks for totes:

1. Coffee-bean burlap tote with nautical details (this bag can really be used for any and everything, its just so cute).
[via]

2. Organic cotton sack with screen printed milk jars.
[via]

3. Brightly-colored Envirosax that folds up into teeny-tiny proportions - perfect for storing when not in use. (I actually own this bag and love it).
[via]

4. Proudly show-off your eco-friendly ways with this bag created from 95% post consumer material.
[via]

5. Wegmans... need I say more?  For those of you who haven't experienced Wegmans, add it to your bucket list and thank me later.
[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!