Today's recipe is Sweet Mint Tea. Its a classic fave of mine, which my mom makes every summer. I don't have her exact recipe so I devised my own. So refreshing and delightful!
Sweet Mint Tea
- Fresh brewed black tea (simply bring a quart of water to boil and steep 6 tea bags for approx 5 min)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Shred the mint leaves (a couple handfuls or approx 2/3 cup) and toss them in with the sugar water.
2. Bring mixture to a boil on the stove. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.*
4. Add a spoonful or two (depending on preferred sweetness) to a glass of iced tea.
5. Top with a sprig of mint for added appeal.
* If you prefer, you can strain the boiled mint leaves from the syrup.
This simple mint syrup also makes a yummy mojito!