Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Earth Week: from trash to treasure

Happy Earth Week (it's the week leading up to Earth Day on April 22, in case you weren't aware)! As you know by now, I love repurposing and upcyling old goods. I've seen quite a few crafters turn old bottles into attractive wares simply by spray painting them, which is a relatively easy DIY project.

When I was perusing the lovely items on Leif Shop, I had to do a double-take on their bottle vases (featured below). I thought they were simply reselling painted bottles, but I took a closer look at the description and read the following: "To create this series of bottle vases, trash was taken from the streets of Holland and cast in naturally colored, pastel porcelain - challenging what we consider beautiful."

Cast in porcelain? Cool! It's new and different ideas like this that inspire me to keep crafting. So tell me, what inspires you this Earth Week 2012?

Leif Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!