It was my first time building a mosaic so I didn't really know what to expect. Overall, it was a fairly easy project. The only frustration we endured was settling on our final mosaic layouts after futzing with a million different design options (what can I say, we're perfectionists).
The process went a little something like this:
- Choose your picture frame and an array of tile/glass pieces.
- Mull over design ideas and try out different options until you finally come up with a creation you love.
- Remove all the pieces from the aforementioned design on the frame and glue them back on.
- Let dry for 24 hours and grout the mosaic at home (we were given grout goody bags when we left the studio).
- Let the grout dry for over 3 hrs. Wipe the frame clean of any grout left on the tiles.
- Find a pretty picture to fill the frame and showcase it in your apartment. Ta da!
|Karley carefully laying out her mosaic design|
|Me showing off my mosaic design|
|The finished masterpiece after grouting!|
...Now I just need to find a photo to showcase in my new frame!