Things I've learned when preparing to paint a piece of furniture within the confines of my apartment:
- When in doubt, splurge on the bigger and better drop cloth (I didn't and had to lay down about 5 pounds of newspaper to cover the extra space).
- Open windows - ALL windows - so you don't pass out from paint fumes (unless you're into that kinda thing).
- Cut fingernails short (I already broke two).
- Wear old clothing you don't care about splattering with paint (this includes socks).
- Create fun playlist on iPod and blast it.