Monday, September 27, 2010

Apple and Pumpkin Pickin'

In the spirit of the season, Paul and I headed to Melick's Town Farm, located in Oldwick, NJ, to do some apple and pumpkin picking yesterday.  The weather was a bit gloomy but thankfully it didn't rain.  There were so many varieties of apples to choose from and it was a bit overwhelming.  The majority of what we picked were Macoun (seriously delicious).  We also spent some time walking around the pumpkin patch and ended up going home with two perfect pumpkins, which I can't wait to decorate.

If you live in or around the NYC area, you can find a variety of orchards/farms to visit here (some can even be accessed via public transit).

And if anyone has great apple recipes, please send 'em along to me.  I think I'm going to try my hand at making apple cobbler tonight.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!