Monday, April 26, 2010

Is Crafting Considered Exercise?

I know everyone's wondering how many alleyways I traveled to in search of rusty chairs this weekend.  Alas, I had too busy of a schedule to go dumpster diving (not that I really would anyway... or would I?)

Instead, Paul and I spent a good 8 hours sanding, painting, staining and antiquing our dining room table set.  Remember the one we upholstered chair cushions for?  Yep, that's the one.  Let me tell you, the reupholstering was the easy part.  The rest of the process left us feeling exhausted.  There was sand dust flying everywhere and I had splotches of white paint all over myself by end of day. 

I woke up this morning feeling as if I'd just completed a mini Iron Man.  My muscles are sore all over.  Which brings me to ponder if crafting should be considered a sport.  Just a thought.

I wish I had the full before and after photos to show right now but the table still needs some drying time before we can put the legs back on.  I figured I'd at least show my first attempt at "antiquing" furniture.  I'm so excited to have a shabby chic looking table in my new apartment.

Here are the chairs legs before and after:




1 comment:

  1. No, it is most certainly not considered exercise. You city folk crack me up.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!