Still looking for last minute Valentine's Day gift ideas for the special man in your life? No worries, my friend Danielle sent me a fun and easy personalized gift idea. This do-it-yourself project involves cigars and beer... super manly, right? He's sure to love it!
Personalized Cigar Box
1. Pick up a free cigar box at your local smoke shop.
2. Head to your nearest brew shop and buy a variety of craft beers with cool labels. Note: Beware of Blue Moon, that label was not coming off!
3. Soak the bottles in warm water with baking soda sprinkled in. At least 20 minutes or however long it takes for the labels to peel off easily.
4. Dry the labels between paper towels with a heavy book on top to keep the labels from curling.
5. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the wood and secure the labels on the box one side at a time.
6. Use a razor to trim excess labels where the box opens/hinges.
7. Let the Mod Podge dry for 20 minutes and then paint a layer on top of the labels. Let dry for another 20 minutes and repeat a few more times.
8. Cut pieces of felt to fit the inside of the box and Mod Podge the pieces into the box. Note: Do not Mod Podge the top of the felt.
It's as easy as that! And now you have a cool cigar box and delicious craft beers to drink.