Friday, January 27, 2012

Easy and delicious baking

There's been a lot of buzz on Pinterest lately surrounding an easy cake mix recipe which calls for 1 box of mix and 1 can of soda. Ditch the eggs, the water, the butter and whatever else the original recipe calls for and substitute the ingredients for a can of soda. How can such an easy recipe taste so delicious?

I must admit I had my doubts, but I had to give it a whirl. I decided to mix 1 can of ginger ale with a box of spice cake mix.  Most people were suggesting diet soda, but I don't like messing with aspartame so I went with regular.

The result: ahhhh-mazing.  Seriously, it was one of the fluffiest yet moist cakes I've ever eaten.  Unfortunately,  I attempted to make cupcakes w/o properly greasing the pans first so I ended up with a bunch of cupcake tops. That's when my creativity stepped in and I turned the tops into whoopie pies w/ a cream cheese filling. They were divine.  I'm bummed I didn't take photos... I was too focused on devouring my creation. I'll try to snap some pics next time.


Other cake mix + soda ideas:
  • Chocolate w/ Cherry Coke
  • Devil's Food w/ Dr. Pepper
  • Vanilla w/ Orange
  • Dark Chocolate w/ Root Beer
  • Butter Pecan w/ Sprite 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!