Thursday, March 31, 2011

Check it out: Macy's Flower Show

If you're a New Yorker, you most likely dread walking around certain areas of the city, namely Times Square, Grand Central, Chinatown, Herald Square and anywhere else packed with slow-walking tourists. It can be pure torture. I, unfortunately, have to make my commute through 34th st and Broadway every weekday.  While it's driven me to insanity some days, it's also strengthened my patience.

At any rate, while working in a high-trafficked area of New York can be hell, it also draws in some pretty cool exhibits, events, etc.  Currently, the annual Macy's Flower Show is going on and its always something I look forward to.  I popped over to Macy's to have a look after work yesterday and I must say, it did not disappoint. The theme for 2011 is "Towers of Flowers."  It's like stepping into a fantasy land from a Disney Princess movie. Love, love, love.  If you have a chance, check it out.

I wish I had better pictures to post but its was super crowded (as expected) and I kept getting pushed around by not-so-polite people.  Here's a sampling:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!