Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday must-have: Moravian Stars

I've noticed a lot of Moravian Stars being used in home decor catalogs and scattered around the blog world.  The one-of-a-kind, outstanding beauty of these stars is certainly eye-catching.  Having grown up in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, I'm no stranger to the Moravian Star.  Stroll along downtown Bethlehem and you'll find an abundance of them twinkling in storefront windows.  The Moravian Book Shop is one of the largest local sellers of the stars.  You can even read a little history lesson about them here.

Now that I have my own apartment, I'm definitely adding a Moravian Star to my Xmas wishlist so I can showcase it in my holiday decor next year. 

Lighted glass/copper star
White glass star
Lighted vinyl star

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!