Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Best (and easy) cookie recipe

I love cookies... in fact, one of my first words as a young girl was "cookie" (and "cake").  I even like to think I could rival Cookie Monster in a cookie-eating contest.  That being said, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to bake. 

This season, I stumbled across a flourless chocolate cookie recipe on Lovin' From the Oven blog that I couldn't wait to try.  I made some minor substitutions so I'll post my revised recipe below.  You can also check out the original recipe here

Other than being extremely tasty, these cookies are really easy to make and contain few ingredients, which equals a winner in my recipe book.  Enjoy!

 Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1¾ cups powdered sugar
  • ½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips (or mini Reese's Pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Mix together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the egg whites, stirring with a spoon until mixture forms a dough. Add peanut butter chips and mix well.
3. Form dough into balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, until glossy and crackled. Allow cookies to cool completely.

Makes 12-18 cookies (depending on preferred size).

2 comments:

  1. These cookies sound way too good. My wife makes the best chocolate chip cookies but since I've gotten wiser (and of course older), I get heart burn from them.

    Bummer.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so easy to make too. I highly suggest trying one.. its worth the heart burn ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for the comments!