My mom recently shared a great recipe with me, which I found to be so delicious that I've decided to pass it along to all of you. It's a green bean salad featured in the June 2010 edition of Southern Living. It's easy to make and yields yummy results. Try it for yourself...
Green Beans with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, and Almonds
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 pounds haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
2. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
3. Whisk together vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended and smooth. Add cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and green beans; toss to coat.
4. Top green bean mixture with crumbled goat cheese and toasted almonds.
*White wine vinegar may be substituted.